Pianorama is an opportunity for area students to perform piano duets and duos as a group, with a conductor. Rehearsals for each group are scheduled on the Friday and Saturday prior to the Sunday performance. Pianorama is held every other year, in EVEN years. Funds from this event support the Young Artist Achievement Awards.
Rehearsals: November 2020
Concert: November 2020
Entry Deadline: TBA
Participating teachers are expected to assist during rehearsals as needed.
Fee: $20 per participant and non-NAMTA teacher. There is no fee for NAMTA teachers.
Send Registration forms, Master List, and ONE check made payable to NAMTA to:
Guidelines and General Information
We recommend that students have completed one (1) year of piano study. Place students in one level lower than their current playing ability. Match duet partners if possible from your studio. If you are playing with a student, include your name as the partner on the Master List.
All partners must use original copies of the repertoire and have the following musical elements prepared prior to the rehearsals: key signatures, metronome markings indicated on the Repertoire List, notes, accidentals, rhythm, style, dynamics, slurs, staccatos, accents, pedal, and page turns.
Teachers should schedule a performance opportunity for their students prior to the rehearsals. Partners must be able to read their music, play together, watch and follow the conductor, and strive for a polished performance. Teachers should use conducting skills during studio rehearsals. Direct one full preparatory measure prior to playing. Stage entries, bowing, and exits will be rehearsed for each color group in the auditorium.
1. Encourage your students and their parents to assist you in the preparation and participation process. Distribute the Parent-Student Letter. It is your responsibility to notify your students and their parents of the rehearsal schedules.
2. Copy and complete one Registration Form for each duet pair. If space is available, a request to play in a second color group can be submitted on a second registration form. Indicate on each form the first and second preference. Confirmation of the second color request will be made by September 30.
3. Send one Master List of all participants, organized by color groups with your registration forms. Type or print names accurately to be used in the program. If you are playing with a student, include your name as the partner on the Master List.
4. Collect the fees within your studio: NAMTA members have no teacher participation fee. Non-NAMTA members must submit a teacher participation fee of $20.00. All NAMTA and non-NAMTA teachers collect $20.00 per participant (student, parent, family member, or friend) for the weekend event. Proceeds benefit the Young Artist Achievement Awards, and are non-refundable.
5. Send the Registration Forms, the Master List, and one check made payable to NAMTA.
Registration questions should be emailed to Alexis Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org.